Thomas James Long
During his 30 years of practice, Mr. Long has focused his practice in the areas of legal malpractice, declaratory relief, construction-related injuries, medical malpractice and general casualty litigation. He also has extensive experience in the appellate practice on behalf of both appellants and appellees and has filed numerous briefs and motions in the First, Second and Third District Appellate Courts of Illinois. His appellate experience also includes the preparation of Petitions for Leave to Appeal to the Illinois Supreme Court.
As a trial attorney, Mr. Long has tried numerous jury trials in Cook and the "collar counties". Mr. Long received his Bachelor's of Arts in Government from the University of Notre Dame in 1980. In 1983, Mr. Long obtained his juris doctor from Loyola University of Chicago.
He is a member of the Kane County, DuPage County and Illinois Bar Associations.
Click here to view Tom’s full profile.
- Illinois, 1983
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit
Areas of Practice
- Legal Malpractice Defense 100%
- Illinois State Bar Association, 1990 – Present
- Dupage County Bar Association, 1988 – Present
- Mancini Long & Latreille, Partner, 1988 to 2012
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law, Chicago, Illinois
- University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, Indiana
- Honors: With Honors
- Major: Government