- Illinois, 1990
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1997
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court Western District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court District of Connecticut
Areas of Practice
- Legal Malpractice
- Medical Malpractice
- Personal Injury
- Wrongful Death
Notable Verdicts, Settlements, or Cases:
- Representing Plaintiffs
- $8,000,000 settlement – breach of fiduciary duty case
- $18,000,000 settlement – aiding and abetting fraud case
- $1,000,000 settlement – legal malpractice case
- $10,500,000 jury verdict – medical negligence case
- Representing Defendants:
- Not guilty – $5,000,000 legal negligence case
- Not guilty – $10,000,000 legal negligence case
Daniel F. Konicek
Daniel Konicek practices in the areas of professional liability, commercial litigation, and personal injury. He has tried over 100 jury trials to verdict in the state and federal courts. He has represented clients in administrative hearings before the Department of Professional Regulation and before the Attorney Disciplinary Commission.
In 2016, Dan was awarded Outstanding Defense Verdict in a legal malpractice case by the Illinois Jury Verdict Reporter at their Annual JVR Awards for Trial Lawyer Excellence. In 2000, Dan was honored as one of Illinois’ top lawyers by inclusion in the 40 Under 40 Illinois Attorneys to Watch and has been named as an Illinois Super Lawyer since 2006. He is a current member of the Leading Lawyers Network, the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Illinois Trial Lawyers, where he serves on the ITLA Board of Managers, and Litigation Counsel of America.
His jury trials include complex commercial cases involving fraud, aiding and abetting, conspiracy, professional negligence, medical negligence, product liability, and breach of fiduciary duty. Dan has obtained multi-million-dollar verdicts and settlements. Dan’s recent settlements include $8,000,000 against multiple defendants in a breach of fiduciary duty case; $18,000,000 in an aiding and abetting fraud case; $1,000,000 in a legal malpractice.
In late 2019, Dan successfully tried a medical negligence case against a neurologist and large hospital securing a $10,500,000 verdict that was paid in 28 days.
Dan’s recent defense cases include a successful “not guilty” for his prominent client who ran for Senate. Dan defended his client in a legal negligence case in the Northern District Federal Court of Iowa, where Plaintiff sought over $5,000,000 for alleged malfeasance in handling a complex shareholder dispute. In the Northern District Federal Court of Illinois, Dan obtained a “not guilty” for his lawyer client in an aiding and abetting wire fraud case seeking $10,000,000. Notably, in the Northern Illinois District case, the alleged co-conspirators all plead guilty to federal wire fraud charges and were serving prison terms at the time of trial. Their pleas of guilt were admitted and read to the jury, over objection, and used against Dan’s client. Notwithstanding, Dan successfully argued his client was an unwitting and unknowing “participant” in the criminal scheme.